Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Work with my people!

I day played on a TV pilot today! It was a great experience. I admit that I was not used to standing all day, so by the time I got home I felt like someone continuously punched my feet. Kelly and I got to do this with Dave, Rafa and Eric. It was a nice little Unstoppable crew. It was great to work with people that I know. One advantage to getting to set so early was seeing the sun rise on the LA skyline. Work started at 5 a.m.

I checked extras in; there were over 200 on set today, which is why there were 12 additional PA’s. Dealing with extras can be interesting. There are always characters in every group. Same thing goes with crew. There were some people I wanted to avoid and others I met that were really cool. The first location was in a park a little bit outside of the city, in not the best area. It was a Monday and there were people hanging out in the park all day. 

I wonder what they do there all day. Mostly I locked up the set for the day. After lunch we moved a couple blocks down, not the best neighborhood to be in. It was almost 9 p.m. before going home.  I’m really surprised how quickly I was able to get work.  I know that’s not the norm. After such a long day I definitely needed some time to recuperate.  Luckily I’m here for three weeks, so I don’t have to rush around and feel comfortable just relaxing.  Just taking it all in.

1 comment: